Landlord - Legislation and Regulations

How can I ensure that I keep up to date with changing regulations and legislation?


The best way of keeping up to date is to join a landlords association which will keep you informed of any changes to legislation and regulations that you need to know about.  Please see the National Landlords Association, the Guild of Residential Landlords or the Residential Landlord Association for further information.

The Council’s Housing Enforcement Team enforces housing standards and management practices in rented accommodation. You can contact them to find out about requirements in relation to licensing a House in Multiple Occupation, room sizes, fire precautions and amenities etc. For further information, please see the Isle of Anglesey County Council website.